Focus and Scope
The focus is to provide readers with the results of research on Islamic law from various disciplines and interdisciplinary fields.
SCOPEThis journal specializes in the study of Islamic law theory and practice around:
- Sharia Economy Law or Islamic Economy Law / Muamalah
- Islamic Constitutional Law / Siyasah
- Islamic Family Law / Ahwal Al-Shakhsiyah
- Islamic Criminal Law / Jinayah
- Methodology of Islamic Law / Maqashid Sharia
- Sociology of Islamic Law.
- Open Submissions
- Peer Reviewed
Peer Review Process
Some policies in reviewing process of Alhurriyah: Jurnal Hukum Islam
- All manuscripts submitted to this journal must follow Focus and Scope and Author Guidelines of this journal. The submitted manuscripts must fulfil scientific merit or novelty appropriate to the focus and scope of this journal.
- All manuscrips submitted to this journal must be written in good English. Authors for whom English is not their native language are encouraged to have their paper checked before submission for grammar and clarity. The work must not have been published or submitted for publication elsewhere.
- The submitted manuscripts to this journal will be peer-reviewed at least 2 (two) or more expert reviewers from International Peer-Reviewers. The reviewers give scientific valuable comments improving the contents of the manuscript. Sometimes (if required) a third peer-reviewer is needed to give critical comments to the submitted manuscript. The review process used in this journal is double blind review system.
- All submitted manuscripts must be free from plagiarism contents. All authors are suggested to use plagiarism detection softaware to do the similarity checking (please use Turnitin to check the similarity). Editors will also check the similarity of manuscripts in this journal by using a Turnitin software
- Final decision of manuscript acceptance is solely made by Editor in Chief (together with Associate Editors and Editorial Board if required for consideration) according to reviewers critical comments. The final decision of manuscript is solely based on the Associate Editor and Editorial Board final review which considering peer-reviewers comments (but not solely by Reviewer).
- Publication of accepted articles including the assigning the article to published issue will be made by Editor in Chief by considering sequence of accepted date and geographical distribution of authors as well as thematic issue.
All articles published Open Access will be immediately and permanently free for everyone to read and download. We are continuously working with our author communities to select the best choice of license options, currently being defined for this journal as follows: Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0)
Alhurriyah: Jurnal Hukum Islam is a Journal published online twice a year in June and December.
Open Access Policy
This journal is an open-access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to users or /institutions. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to full-text articles in this journal without asking prior permission from the publisher or author. This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public which supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. All the published Open Access articles will be immediately and permanently free for everyone to read and download. We are continuously working with our author communities to select the best choice of license options, currently being defined for this journal as follows: Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0).
Alhurriyah: Jurnal Hukum Islam is published twice a year (per 6 months/semester). In each of its publications, Alhurriyah publishes various academic articles on Sharia, Sharia Economy Law or Islamic Economy Law/Muamalah, Islamic Constitutional Law/Siyasah, Islamic Family law/Ahwal Al-Shakhsiyah, Islamic Criminal Law/Jinayah, Islamic Law Methodology or Methodology of Islamic Law/Maqashid Sharia, and Sociology of Islamic Law.
The Responsibilities of Editor
- The editor is responsible for deciding articles that are eligible to be published through board meetings.
- The editor is guided by the editorial policy of the journal and is limited by applicable legal requirements regarding defamation, copyright infringement, and plagiarism.
- In the process of receiving articles, the editing team is based on the principle of equality of treatment.
- In the review process of journal and decision-making of publication (articles), the editing team does not distinguish race, gender, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, or political ideology of the author.
- The editor and editorial team will not disclose any information about the submitted paper or articles except with the author's permission.
- Unpublished (article) papers will not be used for the editor's research and will be returned directly to the author.
The Responsibilities of the Reviewer
- Reviewers assist editors in making editorial decisions on submitted papers/articles.
- The reviewer is responsible for the review recommendations.
- A review of the paper is done objectively and supported by clear arguments.
- A reviewer is responsible for quotes, references, and plagiarism for articles reviewed.
- The reviewer keeps the confidentiality of information for personal gain.
The Responsibilities of the author
- The author must present his or her article of thought or research, honestly, and without plagiarism, and data manipulation.
- The author is responsible for the submitted confirmation of the articles that have been written.
- The author must comply with the requirements of the publication in the form of the originality of the work, not plagiarism, and the paper/article has not been published in other journals or publications.
- The author points out the references to the cited opinions and works of others.
- The author writes the paper or article ethically, honestly and responsibly, by applicable scientific authorship rules.
- Authors are prohibited from sending/publishing the same article in more than one journal or publication.
- The author does not object if the paper goes through editing without changing the substance or basic idea of writing.
The Responsibilities of Publisher
- IAIN Bukittinggi as a publisher of Alhurriyah: is responsible for publishing articles after going through the process of editing, peer review, layout in accordance with the rules of publishing scientific journals.
- IAIN Bukittinggii as a publisher of Alhurriyah: is responsible for ensuring academic freedom for editors and reviewers in carrying out their duties.
- IAIN Bukittinggias a publisher of Alhurriyah: a is responsible for maintaining privacy and protecting intellectual property and copyright, and editorial freedom.
Every submitted paper will go through plagiarism screening by Turnitin Checker. A maximum of 20% similarities are allowed, and above that will be returned to authors for correction.
This journal charges the following author fees.
Article Submission: 0.00 (IDR)
Authors are not required to pay an Article Submission Fee as part of the submission process to contribute to review costs.
Article Publication: 0.00 (IDR)
If this paper is accepted for publication, you will not be asked to pay an Article Publication Fee to cover publication costs.